Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Many Paths of a Chef

For the past few weeks, I have started to do many things with my life. I have been put in charge to help make the culinary world a better place. I have been assigned to help start a new radio show, featuring ROC and Im enjoying it so far.

It hasn't been started yet but we are making progress. We started to talk about doing podcasts and doing more multi-media for the organization. As I started to look more into it, I really started to enjoy using the internet to bring out my voice. I experienced new ways of communicating with other people using the social media to spread my message and the message of the people to the vast landscape that is the internet. I also really like to talk to people and making videos of different things for many different reasons. I started to use twitter more fequently and write about many other adventures for all to see.

It may seem, I could possibly make a career change someday. Although, I am here to tell you that a true chef is never measured by the chef coat, the many famous restaurants that he/she may worked at, or by how well you can cook eggs. A true chef is someone who is willing to explore deeper into the culinary arts and create many different dishes and presentations to make people enjoy the simpler things in life or to push new ideas forward for the next generation ahead. My love for cooking will still be there and I always appriciate all the friends I made along the way. I just think that maybe theres another path I can take instead the traditional route of a chef.

For as long as I can remember, I always take a different route from the other students who gone through the public education system. I remember that I was always in smaller groups working differently from everyone else and when I look back, I started to appreciate that lifestyle. It gave me a chance not only learn more effectively, but to really see life through a different perspective and discovering new and amazing things. I made great friends who also took different paths and find true happiness by doing what they love to do, no matter what else said.

Im not saying that my time as a culinary student was a waste. It gave me perception, knowledge, and inspiration to look deeper into my passion. I now realize that I could not stay in the kitchen forever, but I will return to my own pleasure. Maybe I could become a radio host in the day and become a reagade chef at night. Although, its more of a thought and not really guarantee. Im just simply looking more towards the future of what I really want to do. Im still pretty young (21 years old) and I want to explore the many things before I'm too old to do anything.

We all have different dreams and as we grow sometimes our dreams change but it could be a good thing. It could give us a chance to see what else lies ahead. It could be disastrous and maybe ruin you but in the end you can say that you truly do what you always wanted to do. You can say that doing what you want can even be the true meaning of life: to explore and enjoying every single minute of it.

Im just simply venting out my thoughts right now. Im not sure if I quit the industry or maybe try something new. Im still working in the industry right now and I enjoy some of it, but Im just wondering what else I can do to truly enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment